Effective April 1, 2011
Download Warranty Claim Form By Clicking the Button at the Bottom of this Page
This policy covers all inner tubes that are sold by Bridgestone Americas Tube Business (BATB) if they are used in the service for which they were intended. Not covered under this policy are retread products.WARRANTY COVERAGE:
If any inner tube covered by this warranty becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer's control, such inner tube will be replaced with an equivalent new inner tube or the equivalent of the wholesale (first purchaser) purchase price refunded on the basis set forth below. Some examples of causes or conditions normally beyond the manufacturer's control and therefore not adjustable are:
- Mounting cuts and pinches
- Rim/Bead cuts - rim slip
- Valve corrosion
- Apparent overload or improper inflation
- Improper insertion of filling materials
- Foreign material in tire cavity
- Intentional alteration
- Aging (or improper storage)
- Field/Road hazards
- Stubble damage
- Valve pulled off or stem pulled out
- Improper application (e.g. wrong tire size, type, etc.).
- Abnormal tire (unless the tire is manufactured by Bridgestone or Bridgestone/Firestone). Note: A history or pattern of tube failures in the same tire will be presumed to result from a tire abnormality. BATB reserves the right to inspect the tire in such a case before honoring tube adjustment claims.
- Other improper care and use.
This warranty is in addition to and/or may be limited by any other applicable written warranty you may have received.
Natural Rubber and Severe Service inner tubes manufactured by BATB are warranted for a period of 5 years from date of sale*. All other inner tubes manufactured by or sold by BATB are warranted for a period of 3 years from date of sale* with the exception of racing and aircraft inner tubes. Racing inner tubes and aircraft inner tubes are warranted for new abnormal conditions only. BATB will reimburse the first purchaser tube cost, along with reasonable and actual service charges within the limitations below if adequate documentation is provided.
- Loss of time, vehicle use, profits, or inconvenience is not covered.
- Replacement cost for tire damage claimed is not covered.
- Overtime, weekend, or holiday charges for service are not covered.
- For Agricultural, Forestry, and off-road inner tubes:
- Lost ballast is limited to $1.00 per gallon.
- Cost for service (in addition to distance charges) is limited to $2.00 per diameter inch. For example, a 16.9-30 tube is limited to reasonable and actual charges not to exceed $60.
Customers desiring to return product for adjustment or other credit must secure a RGA (RETURNED GOODS AUTHORIZATION). Simply call our toll free number (1-800-553-6008) and describe what is to be returned and why. BATB will assign a RGA number and determine lowest cost shipping. Customer identifies return with the RGA number and ships as instructed.
BATB will pay or reimburse the sender for ground transportation costs provided the customer ships in accordance with RGA instructions.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
To the extent permitted by law, BATB disclaims liability or any consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of time, loss of vehicle use or inconvenience, replacement tire cost or lost profits.
This policy applies only to the actual owner-user of the tubes in the fifty United States, Canada or District of Columbia.
BATB's obligation under this policy may not be enlarged or altered by anyone.
* If no proof of purchase is submitted to identify date of sale, date of manufacture will be used for determining the warranty period.
It is the owner-user's obligation to operate inner tubes within the loads and speed limits as specified by BATB for the tire it is installed in, and to otherwise utilize proper care and use procedures for the tires and inner tubes. In the case of an adjustment claim, the owner-user must present the inner tube to a Firestone dealer or store, complete and sign the customer section of the BATB Adjustment Claim Form. A BATB or Bridgestone Tire Claim form may be used (blanks will be supplied on request).